B2B furnishings made easy

Getting a Tax ID

If you wish to buy from OceanTailer, you will have to provide us with your Tax ID also called FEIN. We are not going to charge you any tax on the products our suppliers ship to you or to your customers. At the end of the year, we have to show the IRS why we did NOT charge you that tax.

Every state has a web site listing information about the tax rules in that state, and where you can obtain your "Sales Tax ID number". You can click on your home state below to go to that site, and get the information you need.

Alabama Alaska Arizona
Arkansas California Colorado
Connecticut Delaware D.C.
Florida Georgia Hawaii
Idaho Illinois Indiana
Iowa Kansas Kentucky
Louisiana Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota
Mississippi Missouri Montana
Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire
New Jersey New Mexico New York
North Carolina North Dakota Ohio
Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania
Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota
Tennessee Texas Utah
Vermont Virginia Washington
West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

Do I need a Tax ID to work with you if I'm outside the US?

At the moment, we only work with USA Based retail companies. However, depends on the situation, we may work with international retailers. Please contact us for more information.

Can I use my website as my registered business name?

Your website or online store is your store name. Business names can differ from your store name. But the important thing is to register with your state.